Now, I know most people don’t enjoy waking up at dawn to get to school or work. That’s completely understandable, but here are some tips on how to not completely hate it.
- Get. Enough. Sleep. Duh. Going to bed at a reasonable time will help combat that groggy feeling when you wake up. Getting 6-8 hours of sleep has a multitude of benefactors to your health. Trust me, just google it.
- Make a breakfast you look forward to eating.
- You can splash cold water on your face or place cold spoons underneath your eyes to help feel more awake.
- Train your body to wake up at a certain time. Personally I used an alarm clock for about 4-5 weeks set at a specific time and after that time period I would naturally wake up either at that time or earlier.
- Enjoy being up before everyone else and soaking in the morning.
- This is also a perfect time to stretch or do some yoga to wake up you body.
- Make the bed. Or else you’re going to want to jump right back in.
- Drink lots of fluids to wake up your system. I recommend water or a green juice to start off with.
- A bonus of being up before everyone else is you get to be with your thoughts and listen to your music.
- If you hate waking up to an alarm just set your favorite song to be your alarm when you wake up.
I hope these little tips helped!